MIAMI BEACH, FL FUNERAL AND MEMORIAL SERVICE ARRANGEMENTS: PLANNING AHEAD
Discussing funeral arrangements is never an easy topic; particularly for the family and loved ones left to make decisions, come into agreement, manage finances, and execute timelines. When the shock and grief of losing someone important are upon us, we often find ourselves overwhelmed and irrational—the struggle to make sound decisions is very, very difficult.
As we advise here at Ferdinand Funeral Homes & Crematory, pre-planning your funeral should be a priority for your future. In our experience, when a family member is intentional about planning their own death services and confirming instructions for their physical remains, they have given themselves and their loved ones a special gift: relief from what could be a very, very overwhelming burden.
Death… an odd truth to face
To some, the idea of planning their own funeral, memorial service, and physical remains instructions feels odd, scary, morbid. To some extent, yes—the idea of thinking about death and what will be done here among our families and friends in the few weeks following our own passing is a bewildering posture to take. But, it is temporary. Planning for your own arrangement is simple and quick and once it’s planned, you can put it behind you, relax, and know your plans are safe in the hands of the reliable staff here at Ferdinand, your friends, and your family members.
Planning ahead: taking control
Every person is different. Our goals and wishes in life are as unique as what we would want to commemorate our passing. Given thoughtful consideration, we hope that you will realize that pre-planning is specifically about ensuring your wishes are known and thoughtfully carried out. This commitment means:
- Peace of mind for yourself and your family.
- Reduced stress.
- Your loved ones will know exactly your wishes for post-death services.
- You can be as specific as you want to be—when you preplan, you choose whatever specifications are fitting to you.
- You have lifted the burden off of your loved ones regarding making very intimate decisions on your behalf.
- You have helped you family avoid disagreement when emotions are raw.
- You are protecting your loved ones from cost inflation (should you choose to pre-pay)—expenses can be covered through a pre-payment plan at today’s prices.
- You have streamlined the process for those you care about—they can follow your plan.
Why pre-plan with Ferdinand?
Our team is skilled and ready to help you plan the best possible services for your final arrangements so you can live life with the assurance that your wishes will be honored. When you choose Ferdinand, our pre-need counselors will help you with all the tough decisions so your family and loved ones do not have to. We will discuss:
- Finances and budget: our plans are funded at zero percent interest with flexible payment plans and a state-approved trust account, where your money will be safe and secure. Once paid in full, the price is guaranteed—it will not fluctuate and rise along with the market.
- Ceremony style: do you want one at all? Casual, formal, traditional, culturally specific, light-hearted? Ground burial, mausoleum, or cremation? Is there anyone specific you do or do not want present? Music? Flowers? A donation on your behalf? What do you think would best honor you and provide closure for, and solace to, your loved ones?
- Location: you are welcome to visit our facility to review options and determine if you want services held here in our facility or an offsite location (even at yours or a family member’s home)—or a combination. We will also discuss burial location, if applicable.
- Physical remains handling: cremation, embalming, transportation to cemetery lot location, etc.
- Contact list: individuals who should be notified in the event of a medical emergency or death.
- Obituary: do you have a preference for who speaks on your behalf and/or details you would like included?
- Information dissemination: where would you like obituary and memorial services to appear (local newspaper, social media, private invitation, etc.)?
- Type of ceremony: religious, fraternal, non-denominational, military; options including clergy, special persons, military personnel, etc.
- Casket or urn type
- Vault or sectional crypt
- Will and estate specifications
- Arrangement for re-homing pets
Pre-planning is about taking control of your life and the aftermath of your death for the people who mean the most to you. Reliving your loved ones of this burden is the right thing to do. We are delighted to answer any questions you have, no obligation. Please consider planning ahead with Ferdinand Funeral Homes & Crematory. You and your family are worth it.