CHOOSING THE RIGHT FUNERAL HOME IN KEY BISCAYNE, FL
Since 1857, Ferdinand Funeral Homes & Crematory has provided personalized, professional and compassionate funeral services to families, from all walks of life. We are the ultimate provider of creating healing experiences in the Key Biscayne, FL community.
What We Do:
Designing Your Funeral
Experience the Difference! For immediate assistance, call (305) 631-0001 today.
Testimonials From Families We've Served
In the event of a sudden or expected death in the family, there is much to deal with both personally and logistically. The burden of planning, communicating, and honoring the deceased’s final wishes can be incredibly overwhelming. We understand this. In fact, our staff at Ferdinand Funeral Homes & Crematory are versed in various death services, grief counseling avenues, and logistics of coordinating the final arrangements for passed loved ones in and around Key Biscayne, FL.
Taking care of memorial services in a tasteful and affordable way which honors your loved one is such an important act of love. We want to assist you in this and streamline the process so you can take time for what is most important: taking care of yourself and your family during these beginning stages of the grieving process.
Here in Key Biscayne, our trained and professional staff at Ferdinand Funeral Homes & Crematory has the unique privilege to get to know families on a personal level in order to encourage, guide, and see families through the process of funeral/memorial services, burial/entombment or cremation. There is no one way to grieve and plan the perfect service, and we are obliged to assist.
How may we serve your family? What does your family need from our staff during this difficult time? To guide you in answering these questions, please review some of the services offered here at Ferdinand:
- Memorial services: usually, this does not involve the presence of the body or casket. Memorial services may include the presence of an urn when cremation is opted for. Because the body is not present, this ceremony does not have to immediately follow the death and typically takes on a less formal feel. In fact, it can be held weeks, months, even years following the loss. This frees-up the family to take the time to plan.
- Funeral services: a funeral, typically, includes the body of the deceased which is present during the ceremony and often preceded by a “wake” for viewing. Because of natural decomposition of physical remains and the schedule this enforces, funerals are typically held immediately after the death (within 4-5 days). Funerals provide the loved ones of the passed a special opportunity to gather among one another and express their feelings while facing the reality of the death—which is a major step toward the new life chapter ahead.
- Cremation: our state-of-the-art crematorium is on-site, which means your loved one does not leave our care to be transported to a cremation facility and then returned. This luxury is uncommon and ensures the integrity of your loved one’s remains.
- Veteran funerals: Ferdinand is honored to offer services fit for the men and women who have served this nation. The customs and special presentations they deserve including: 21 Rifle Salute, Flag Presentation Ceremony, and Graveside Ceremony in any of the 131 National Cemeteries across the country, and/or the playing of Taps.
- Pre-plan option: each year that goes by, more and more Key Biscayne residents are opting to take control of planning their final arrangements and lessen the burden for their families. This is a merciful, lovely option that streamlines what could be a difficult experience for survivors into a preemptive decision process for you.
- Repatriation service: for those wishing to have their physical remains returned to their homeland, we offer domestic and international transportation logistics, consulate documentation, apostille certifications, and translation of all pertinent documents.
- Permanent memorialization: our staff can help you find the perfect resting place for your loved one’s body or ashes. Cemeteries, mausoleums, or cremation gardens are three beautiful options which provide your family a visiting place and focal point of memorialization.
- Online support: grief support groups, online counseling services, 365 days of email affirmations (preview Day 1 of these daily emails here: http://www.ferdinandfuneralhomes.com/grief-and-healing/365-days-of-grief-support), and interactive videos of healing-focused support for the weeks and months following your loss are some of the many resources offered through Ferdinand.
- Round-the-clock contact: day or night—24/7—one of our caring staff members is here to answer your call when a death has occurred. Call us so we can guide you through your next steps during this difficult time. You can reach us at (305) 631-0001. Should you require immediate assistance, one of our professionals will be there within the hour.
Why choose Ferdinand Funeral Homes & Crematory?
Our company has become a leading provider of creating healing experiences and memorable post-death services within the Key Biscayne community. Our four-generation long tradition in providing guidance and services for families of deceased loved ones dates back to 1857 when our first family-owned funeral home began. We are proud to live out our life callings of community servitude. We know how important it is to allow yourself time to acknowledge your loved one’s life. Whenever you need us, our staff at Ferdinand Funeral Homes & Crematory is here for you.
Funeral Home FAQs
1. What to Expect When Calling a Funeral Home?
If you have never been in charge of a funeral before, you may not know what to expect when you talk to a funeral home. Use these guidelines to put your mind at ease so you can contact the funeral home with peace of mind.
Compassion - The first thing you can expect from your initial call to the funeral home is compassion and respect.
Questions - When you first talk to the funeral home, you may have to answer a few questions.
Funeral Options - The funeral home might also give you some options to consider in order to start thinking about details before you visit with the funeral director in person. They might tell you a little about their services and different options, so you can have a better idea what direction you want to go when it comes time to make those tough decisions.
2. When to Call a Funeral Home?
Here are the three reasons you might want to or have to call a funeral home in Miami Beach, FL.
You want to pre-plan your funeral
You want to ask questions about different funeral services
Someone you loved has passed on and you need help
3. When to Call a Funeral Home?Does Funeral Etiquette Matter?
Yes! If you are about to attend funeral services, whether traditional or with cremations services, keep these points of funeral etiquette in mind.
Funeral Attire - Whether cremation or a traditional burial service, you don’t have to wear black. In fact, some cultures associate mourning with other colors like white or yellow. Black is not a necessity. However, you will want to keep outfits within a conservative boundary.
Timing - When it comes to a funeral service with cremation or a traditional burial, showing up late can be seen as disrespectful.
Distractions - When you attend traditional burial services or a memorial service with cremation, you need to be focused on the individual that has passed on and nothing else.